GROWING YOUR BUSINESS WITH A FACILITY EXPANSION
So the time has come. You’ve outgrown your current space and need to start considering options. Although it may seem easier to buy a new building or move your entire company to a new location, you might be surprised by how much potential your current space has. With the help of an experienced contractor, you can easily adapt the space to meet your needs with a facility expansion project.
This article will help you determine if you’re ready for a building expansion, understand the benefits of business expansion, and learn what to expect when you expand.
WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME TO EXPAND YOUR BUSINESS’S FACILITY?
If you’re not sure when you need to renovate or expand, here are some of the most common reasons businesses choose to expand their existing facility.
- Outgrown Space/Business Growth—The first and most obvious reason businesses choose to expand is that they have outgrown their current space. Whether your company is growing at a rapid rate or you acquired another business, if you’re finding it difficult to fit employees comfortably in your existing space, it’s time to expand.
- Need for New Types of Spaces—Maybe your current building doesn’t have the types of spaces you need for collaboration. Or perhaps you have changing technology requirements but no place to fit new hardware. Whether you need more meeting rooms or a newly designed facility to meet your organization’s needs, and expansion can help you fulfill your company requirements and adapt to any changes.
- Freshen up and Boost Morale—When was the last time your facility got a facelift? A building expansion could be just the thing you need to boost morale and give your company an entirely new image. Plus, it will help you effectively recruit new talent and give customers a good impression of your business.
- Change in Company Structure—Has your company recently gone through a department restructure? This may require expansion. For example, if several departments are now working closely and need to sit by each other, the layout of your current facility may not allow for this.
There are various reasons that companies choose to expand, and if you have an idea of how you could add on to your existing facility or build on your current property, an experienced contractor can help.
TYPES OF EXPANSION
Every expansion project is going to be different depending on the needs of the organization. However, a qualified contractor will take a strategic approach to each project. This means taking the time to truly understand the needs of a specific client.
A contractor should ask the following questions during the beginning stages of a project:
- What are your reasons for expanding?
- What are your goals with the expansion project?
- Do you want to renovate the new space that you’re expanding into?
- Will any efficiency improvements need to be done?
- Will there be any new construction on the existing property?
- What are your budgetary requirements?
- Is there a timeline for which this project needs to be completed?
Getting answers to these questions early on will make your expansion project that much more successful.
BENEFITS OF A BUSINESS EXPANSION
While many businesses have no choice but to expand, there are actually several benefits to doing so beyond just more space.
Here are some of the benefits you may not expect from a business expansion project:
- Attract new customers
- Attract new talent
- Improve employee morale
- Design with your needs in mind
- Enhance your brand
- Expand capacity (grow your company)
These are just a few reasons to expand. Depending on your specific facility expansion, you may experience even more benefits.
SKILLED SERVICES IS HERE TO HELP YOU WITH AN EXPANSION
Are you ready to add on to your existing facility and experience all the advantages of a larger space? Skilled Services is an experienced contractor in Knoxville, Tennessee, with licenses in Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia. We have more than 20 years of experience providing turnkey commercial construction solutions to companies of all sizes. Whether you need a remodel, an expansion, or sitework, we have you covered with our extensive expertise.
Contact our team to get started with a project today.